Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hello all! first off let me gratuitously apologize for the infrequent updates. things have been a bit hectic here at the barber household. first we'll start with the good news...

Bucky is growing at the normal rate! we went to a neonatal sonographer to determine whether or not Bucky has a version of Dwarfism that runs in my family. Seriously, it really does. But he/ she measures fine. That was also our chance to see what the sex was and we held strong on not finding out. which leads me to my next gripe...

the sonographer was a complete jackass! not only was he leaning up against Marcia with his arm propped up on her like she was a piece of furniture, but he hardly even talked to us! we had to ask him what everything that we saw was, and he acted as if the mere telling us what he was doing was the most irritating thing that he had ever experienced. then he took a 15 minute phone call in the middle of the session!!! what an ass! at least Bucky is fine though, and we will never have to see that guy again!

here's a weird thing... Marcia signed us both up to receive these emails about what your fetus is doing this week. it's really bizarre but cool at the same time. it talks about what is developing, the appendages, and the size of it, kin of cool. The size thing though is really interesting. Every week that we've gotten the email; they make a relation to the size of the baby to the size of an "everyday" object. here's where it gets a little creepy... the object is always some sort of food item. first it was a lime, then a lemon, then an avocado, squash, zucchini, banana, turnip, etc. etc., so on and so forth. at this point I'm not sure if I'm supposed to juice, saute, make a salad out of the baby or what. if you listen to Eddie Izzard babies all taste of chicken anyway. just freaky.

i finished up my long term teaching gig with a bang! classes were awesome and i had the opportunity to write and give my first finals. i always hated finals as a student, but i now realize that as a teacher they are kind of fun! well, maybe just because of my subject; i don't get to give a whole lot of written tests as an art teacher. Anywho, it was a very enjoyable experience.

we still have not been able to finish the baby's room. there is furniture scattered all over my house in an effort to re-use or re-purpose furniture for the baby's needs. we are trying to cut down the costs of spawning as much as possible, because of the economy and such...

I'm also writing this at 6:45 in the morning on new years day, not because I'm still up partying, but because i couldn't sleep. Unfortunately, my Uncle has all of the sudden contracted sort sort of crazy infection, and it spread really fast. so fast that it is starting to shut down his organs. he's in the ICU at Research Memorial right now, and I'm hoping for the best. the really scary thing is that my aunt is a nurse, and the look in her eye has me worried. so i can't sleep, so I'm finally updating the blog, i thought that writing this would be more cathartic, oh well...

1 comment:

scott said...

John Stephen Barber passed away on Friday the 2nd. he will be missed greatly...